That seemingly small mold spot on your wall or ceiling may actually be a sign of a much bigger, hidden mold problem. Early and thorough detection of toxic mold sites in your home or office can help prevent serious structural damage and health risks to your family or employees.
Many of us do not realize that we have a mold problem in our homes or offices until it’s too late. You may notice discolored, black, brown, green, orange, or white colonies of mold on your ceilings, walls or flooring or smell a musty, moist odor. When this happens, tiny, lightweight mold spores have already traveled through the air in your environment, ready to make contact with everyone in their path through inhalation, skin contact and even ingestion. Besides the health problems it can cause, such as allergic reactions, asthma episodes and infections, mold can also cause structural damage to your home or building that can be dangerous and costly. Our rule with mold: If you can see it and smell it, have it removed!
Although we live in arid, sunny Arizona, mold can still erupt from:
- Backed-up sewers
- Leaky roofs
- Constant plumbing leaks
- House plants (watering can generate large amounts of moisture)
- Steam from cooking
- Shower and bath steam and leaks
- Wet clothes on indoor drying lines
- Clothes dryers that are vented indoors
- Combustion appliances (e.g. stoves) not exhausted to the outdoors
Mold likes to play hide-and-seek. Oftentimes, the initial sight or smell of mold is an indication of a much bigger, completely hidden mold problem. Some places where mold can live and grow:
- Backside of dry wall, wallpaper, or paneling
- Top side of ceiling tiles
- Underside of carpets and pads
- Inside walls around pipes (with leaking or condensing pipes)
- Surface of walls behind furniture (where condensation can form)
- Inside ductwork and ventilation systems
- In roof materials above ceiling tiles (due to roof leaks or insufficient insulation)
- Showers, sinks and toilets in the bathroom
- Sinks, dishwashers and garbage disposals in the kitchen
- Laundry rooms
How We Can Help
Stop the problem in its tracks before it takes a heavier toll on your family and employees’ health. And don’t take chances by attempting to clean up mold yourself! Exposure to mold can still occur during the cleaning stage. In addition, no matter how much you clean and disinfect moldy areas that you can see, any material saturated with mold must be properly removed. Mold growth will return shortly if an affected area becomes damp again, and spores are easily released when moldy material is dried out.
Leave it to our expert mold remediation team at ALM Services to safely and effectively remove offensive mold in and around your environment, especially in places where you might not suspect it exists. Our goal during mold remediation is to protect your family and employees’ health as well as the integrity of your property. Our certified team of mold remediation experts will meticulously develop a safe and detailed work plan and share that plan with you to give you peace of mind and full knowledge of the work being done on your home or business. At ALM Services, you can count on our experience, knowledge, professionalism and integrity to help you overcome your mold problems.
Improper handling of mold can release spores into the air, further endangering your health and the health of those around you. Our mold remediation professionals at ALM Services will ensure that no cross-contamination occurs and that all mold is removed in strict compliance with OSHA and EPA guidelines.
Make sure your abatement, remediation and restoration work is performed by an Arizona-licensed contractor. ALM Services is a Bonded, Insured and Licensed Restoration Contractor (#291874) that proudly serves the greater Phoenix area.
Our mold remediation services ensure the safe and complete removal of mold in and around your environment through a comprehensive work plan developed by your dedicated mold remediation team.
- Set-Up: Before any work begins, our mold remediation team prepares the containment areas to ensure safe and effective clean-up. All moveable furniture is removed; non-moveable furniture, ceilings, walls and flooring are covered with high-grade protective plastic; and all doorways, windows and openings are sealed.
- Pre-Remediation: After the root cause of water damage and mold has been identified and corrected, our team promptly cleans the area with the most effective mold cleaning solutions and the most up-to-date methods.
- Mold Remediation: Our specialists then get to work in the contaminated area! First, they clean, disinfect and dry all moldy spaces. Then they remove, bag and dispose any material in the work area contaminated with moldy residues.
- Post-Remediation: After thorough cleaning and removal, our third party partners test the area for any remaining mold.
If you see or smell mold in your home or place of business, don’t take matters into your own hands! Call ALM Services today at (602) 257-8000.